CIM SCHOLARSHIP GRANTS
The Cebu Institute of Medicine (CIM), in its thrust to extend and operate effective arrangement geared towards supporting the most able students on programs that develop their competences and needs to support the Filipino economy and enable the country to compete in the global markets, has come up with several types of scholarship grants.
CIM students benefit from the different scholarships that the school partnered with private individuals, foundations, alumni associations and from the school itself.
There are four (4) types of scholarships, namely:
(1) Entrance scholarship = for 1st year students who graduated with honors in college – summa, magna or cum laude.
(2) College scholarship = for anyone who garners 1st and 2nd honor per year level during his/her stay as a medical student in CIM.
(3) Special scholarship = for financially-challenged students.
(4) Special raffle scholarship = as a raffle prize during the founder’s day celebration of CIM.
Upon presentation of adequate proof, students entering first year who graduated with high honors from a Bachelor’s degree shall be entitled to scholarship according to the following:
Faculty Development Scholar: This is available to any deserving student who may wish to join the school faculty after the medical course. Recipients of the scholarship are expected to serve the school two (2) years after every year of scholarship availed of.
There are four-year scholarships given to deserving first year applicants as determined by the Scholarship Committee.
Applicants accepted to the Cebu Institute of Medicine may apply for scholarship by writing a letter of intent to the Dean of CIM (at present, Dr. Josefina Poblete). Enclose in the letter, the Income Tax Return of the parents for the last 3 years. Interview of applicants for scholarships is usually scheduled sometime in the second half of May.
SPECIAL RAFFLE SCHOLARSHIP
The Special Raffle Scholarshipis something relatively new which started in 2002. This is a special grand raffle prize during the annual CIM Homecoming and Lunch Fellowship in celebration of the school’s founder’s day (December 6). This is a four-year free tuition fee special scholarship awarded to a CIM alumnus for his/her child.
Here are the rules of the said Special Raffle Scholarship:
- This scholarship covers the cost of tuition fee o nly for four (4) years (excluding miscellaneous fee).
- The scholarship is non-transferable.
- The scholarship cannot be converted to cash.
- The scholarship is given to legitimate children of the alumnus.
- The scholarship must be availed of within ten (10) years after its awarding.
- The scholar must not be older than 30 years old.
- The prospective scholar must apply and qualify for enrolment to CIM.
- The scholar must qualify for continued enrolment to CIM.
- The scholarship will be forfeited if the recipient gets a failing grade in any subject during the period covered by the grant. The grant may be regained o nly after the recipient has passed such subject at his own expense and satisfied all other requirements of the school.
- Several children may avail of the scholarship with a total of four (4) years free tuition.
Here’s the list of lucky CIM alumni who were awarded the said Special Raffle Scholarship:
- 2002 = Dr. Vicente Cabahug (Class 1977)
- 2003 = Dr. Henry Yu (Class 1978)
- 2004 = Dr. Ramon Najarro (Class 1979)
- 2005 = Dr. Robert Denopol (Class 1980)
- 2006 = Dr. Pedaliza Arriola-Vasquez (Class 1981)
- 2007 = Dr. Roland Uy (Class 1983)
- 2008 = Dr. Jose Laddy Go (Class 1979)